- Brother Printer MFCJ6930DW Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier & Fax, Amazon Dash Review
- Must See Review! Brother MFC-J985DW Inkjet All-in-One Color Printer with INKvestment Cartridges,..
Mfc-j6930dw company clever Pro series color inkjet all in one for small company and workgroups. Print and scan from almost anywhere using your smart device, tablet, Laptop and home computer. Added convenience of NFC “touch to connect” printing and scanning.
MFC-J6930DW Business Smart Pro Color Inkjet All-in-One
Print, copy, scan, fax up to 11″x17″. Small business and workgroup-focused features include flexible paper handling capabilities, automatic duplex printing, single-pass duplex copying and scanning, wireless and mobile device connectivity(1), and Super High-yield ink cartridges(2). Two-year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of the product.
- Upon activation, the Amazon Dash Replenishment service measures the ink level and automatically orders toner from Amazon when low. This ensures that you never run out again.
- Print, copy, scan, fax up to 11″x17″. Ledger size scan glass and up to 50 sheet ADF. Automatic duplex single pass duplex scan/copy and automatic two sided printing
- Flexible paper handling. 500 sheet dual paper tray total capacity accepts up to 11″x17″. added convenience of up to 100 sheet multipurpose tray for optional capacity
- Built for business performance-spend less time waiting on printouts for when you need your documents fast. Break free and go wireless. Enjoy the freedom of wireless connectivity – and no router needed with Wi-Fi Direct
- Great ink produces great results. Sharp black text and High impact color documents on plain paper
Compare with others
Using the drivers and software from the enclosed CD, the PC menu did not show scan sizes larger than A4. Called help-line, and could not figure out why. Escalated to higher level help for subsequent call-back (pending).
Subsequent download and re-install of the full software/driver package from the Brother web-site did not change the menu sections for paper dimensions. A3 / 11×17 sizes did not show. Via the Brother software already installed downloaded latest software/driver again (and now allowed the installation of fax drivers that I do not need and had not installed initially). Now the menu shows the larger paper sizes under the size selection.
Having scanned documents for several hours over two days the unit started to develop a sharp, but not loud, “purr”, which sounded like it was coming from plastic gears. Now, starting scanning on third day, the unit is very loud, a disconcerting noise that sounds like an impending failure. Having scanned thousands of documents with a previous MFC-6430 without fault, this is disappointing. The MFC-6430 was discarded due to plugged printer head (as was the subsequent Epson WF-7620), not because of failing drives/ gears (which I suspect is already happening after some hours of scan operation).
With dual scanner heads, two-sided scanning is a breeze! Big plus, and eliminates the potential for feed error that could be a problem with the above mentioned two units when the condition of the paper was less than perfect.
Scan quality is very good.
No mis-feeds of normal paper (unless thin, glossy paper, out of magazines, but even then it is impressive and forgiven for a few mis-feeds of paper which likely is not part of the unit’s design criteria).
And the ADF scanning operation was so quiet!, … with the unit fresh out of the box.
So, far, just test prints, but prints fast, and nice output. Louder than Epson.
The price is really amazing (low) for these units (including previously mentioned ones), but as usual, will be paying for it via ink purchases.
If I decide that the new noise and noise level is a “personality trait” rather than impending ADF feed/ gear failure I will keep the printer.