HP Officejet Pro 8720 Review with Instant Ink
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All in One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing
Budget Friendly! The HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-In One Printer
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Wireless Printer with Mobile Printing, Instant Ink ready …
Please workplace needs with HP Print Forward Design.
Spend as much as 50% less per page compared with lasers, and produce the color and black text output you require. Lower paper use with blazing-fast two-sided printing from a printer made for high-volume workplaces.
Get high speeds for two-sided print and scan jobs with laser-like paper handling, and preserve real estate with space-saving HP Print Forward Design.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printer – Black
New design delivers lightning fast two-sided color printing to save your business time and money.
- Print professional-quality color—for less. Get the color graphics and black text you need to keep your business humming.
- Achieve high speeds with automatic two-sided printing and preserve office real estate with revolutionary HP Print Forward Design.
- Connect to familiar devices and easily print from your smartphone, tablet, or notebook PC.
- Redefine expectations with manageability solutions that help you seamlessly control your print environment.
– Print speed black ISO laser comparable: Up to 24 ppm.
– Print speed black draft: Up to 37 ppm.
– Print speed color ISO laser comparable: Up to 20 ppm.
– Print speed color draft: Up to 37 ppm.
– First page out black: As fast as 9 sec.
– First page out color: As fast as 10 sec.
– Recommended monthly page volume: 250 to 2000 pages.
– Paper handling input, standard: 250-sheet input tray.
– Paper handling output, standard: 150-sheet output tray.
– Scanner type: Flatbed, ADF.
– Scan resolution, optical: 1200 dpi.
– Copy reduce/enlarge settings: 25−400%.
– Warranty: One-year limited hardware warranty; 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support; business hour phone support within warranty period.
Real Customer Review
Purchased the HP Office Jet 8720 for my home/home office use. As a home printer, this is very large, but I have a printer pedestal on my desk that does accommodate it. The “footprint” is not out of line with a number of other all in one inkjet printers, but it is large/heavy so be advised.
Set-up was very easy (you can install wirelessly, Ethernet cabled, or direct connect to a single computer – USB cable not included, but most folks would network this printer anyway) and did not take long at all. There was nothing to attach/assemble. take off the packing tape strips, plug in, turn on, wait a few minutes for it to initialize, then follow the screen prompts, install the 4 ink cartridges, add paper and you’re good to go.
All functions perform as they should, scanning/printing/faxing/copying are all very straight forward and can scan/print/copy 2 sided easily as well. I do occasionally send/receive fax, and setting up the fax line went without incident.
Printing is fast for an inkjet, almost as fast as my last laser printer. I have read complaints of noise, but I do not find the 8720 noisy at all (personal opinion) and it is right next to me in my home office. One of the reasons I opted for this printer is that for a mix of text and color printing, the cost per page is far better than a color laser printer and although not a photo-specific printer, this prints far better photos than a color laser printer. Text printing is every bit on par with most laser printers. With it’s pigment-based inks smudging is not an issue at all.
Quality of both text and color printing and overall speed of printing
Love the page forward design – no flimsy irritating paper output tray
Very easy/convenient slide-door for replacing cartridges
Large, bright, well placed color LCD screen for functions
Easy to access and adjust paper well with good capacity
Top sheet feeder picks up multiple copies well
No external power brick
Connects wirelessly easily and maintains network connection well.
Easy to use with smartphones/tablets etc.
HP Instant Ink – great way never to run out of ink, lowers usage cost even more, and no need to run around looking for replacement cartridges
Really wish HP would have a pass-through option for envelopes, photo paper etc. to print envelopes or other occasionally used media you need to empty paper tray for each use – this is the only reason I gave this 4 stars
Again – this is a rather large/heavy printer, people looking at this for home usage should be aware of the printer dimensions/weight when considering if this is right for them…not an issue for a business environment.